ARSENAL VISITOR CENTER
CITY OF BEAUFORT
One of the oldest buildings in Beaufort and the oldest public building, the Beaufort Arsenal started construction in 1795. The structure was substantially rebuilt in 1852 into its precent form. A brick/tabby/plaster courtyard and upper hall comprise the complex along with a pair of smaller wings. The building has been used as many things over its life including an arsenal, a courthouse and now functions as a visitor center and Beaufort Museum, Our work has had several phases with this building as City of Beaufort has upgraded each section. Our scope of work has been to up fit the space into the Chamber of Commerce Visitor Center, upgrade the restrooms and lighting, exterior event space. Latter upgrades have been to house additional offices, the Museum and ADA access. A custom made courtyard gate matches the original 1852 gate from research.